Saturday, January 12, 2008

1st time in Indonesian Service

Saturday is when I speak at our Indonesian service at the Meridien Hotel. I'm excited to meet our people here. I'm encouraged to see a good bunch of young Indonesians and a good core of leaders. I'm told that currently we have 50 Indonesians, 4 Malaysians and 1 Singaporean.

The worship service uses some English words in a predominantly Indonesian environment. The service is just under 2 hours. It's a lively worship service. There is photo taking afterwards and people stay around to relate. Then some go for sushi. I decline the dinner invite simply because Dinah and the twins are waiting at the church office.

This is my first time at our Indonesian service on the second weekend of the year. After saying goodbye I fetch my family from the office. We come home and pack for tomorrow's overland trip to a conference. Here's a photo with some of the leaders at the conference.

No comments: